Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kids make the world happier

Have you noticed that children seem happier lately?

Maybe it's just me but it seems that everywhere I go lately, the kids just seem happier. I just thought I would ask because it struck me as pleasantly odd.

In times of a changing president and economic challenges, it's nice to feel the positive energy coming from the ground up. And by ground, I mean the 2 foot tall bundles of joy that hobble around and smile at us 5 feet plus giants who often forget the simple joys of life as we try to make a living and create wealth while still maintaining harmony in our bodies, bank accounts and souls.

Now, I am not normally one to praise kids like this. I run past the Baby's R Us stores like it's emitting the plague. But lately, it just feels like the air is a little lighter. I hope you feel it too.

So here I am, back to work on a football Sunday and just thought I would share my happy thought.

Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season,
Angela

p.s. I came across this cute picture on a website and thought it was cute. I don't know the kids or photographer since I lost the link ages ago. Woops.